The day before or several hours in advance, grind your saffron and infuse in a little warm water.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with oil, saffron salt and pepper. Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add 30 ml of oil, brown the onions with a pinch of saffron salt. Add garlic and thyme, continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook until the liquid has almost evaporated. Set aside in a deep ovenproof dish.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil. Brown eggplant and zucchini, a few slices at a time.
- Place on top of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and peppers together. Add saffron salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add saffron and mix everything together. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Let cool a little. Add fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.