Ingredients (12 portions)
- 16 pistils (48 stigmas)
- 8 eggs
- 125 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of saffron salt, ground pepper
- 250 g oyster mushrooms
- 40 g butter
- 40 g grated Swiss cheese, I like Saint-Augustin
- Thyme, basil and other fresh herbs, to taste
- 24 hours in advance.
- Grind your saffron with a little salt in a mortar.
- Add to your eggs and let infuse in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Cook the oyster mushrooms in the butter. Add a pinch of saffron salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Add cheese.
- Spoon 30 mL of egg mixture into non-stick muffin cups.
- Divide the mushrooms among the cups.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until muffins are tender and can be held in one hand.